LibSci is a collection of numerical libraries developed by Cray for scientific and engineering computing. LibSci is optimized for performance on Cray architectures, including multi-core processors, and supports both single-precision and double-precision arithmetic. It also includes multithreading support for parallel execution on shared-memory systems. Like MKL, LibSci includes the following math functions:
- BLAS (Basic Linear Algebra Subroutines)
- CBLAS (C interface to the legacy BLAS) Note: not sure if this is also in MKL?
- BLACS (Basic Linear Algebra Communication Subprograms)
- LAPACK (Linear Algebra routines)
- ScaLAPACK (parallel Linear Algebra routines)
And additionally, libraries that are unique to Cray systems including:
- IRT (Iterative Refinement Toolkit) - a library of solvers and tools that provides solutions to linear systems using single-precision factorizations while preserving accuracy through mixed-precision iterative refinement.
- CrayBLAS - a library of BLAS routines autotuned for Cray XC series systems through extensive optimization and runtime adaptation.