All measures detailed below have been developed through the End Use Savings Shape project, specifically the 2023 Release 1 and 2 efforts.
The measure documentation describes the modeling methodology, assumptions, relevant ComStock baseline features, and observations from results.
The assumptions used for the measures represent one of multiple possible approaches for a technology. They are intended to be reasonable but not necessarily optimal. Assumptions can be modified as our understanding of the technologies improves. The ComStock model is continuously updated with new information, methods, and improved quality assurance/quality control procedures.
New datasets are released in 6-month increments and include new upgrade measures as well as updates to the ComStock baseline model. Each dataset release is introduced with a webinar presentation. The webinars provide an overview of the ComStock process, high-level national observations for each new upgrade measure, and guidance for accessing various features of the dataset. Note that each new dataset release includes all existing measures from the previous releases.
- Heat Pump RTU
- DOAS with Mini Split Heat Pumps
- Air-Source Heat Pump Boiler
- LED Lighting
- Exterior Wall Insulation
- Secondary Window System
- Window Replacement
- Window Film
- Roof Insulation
- Heat Pump RTU with Original Fuel Backup
- Air-Source Heat Pump Boiler and Natural Gas Boiler Backup
- VRF Heat Recovery with DOAS
- Demand Control Ventilation
- Exhaust Air Heat/Energy Recovery
- Package 1 - Wall and Roof Insulation and New Windows
- Package 2 - LED Lighting, HP-RTU and ASHP-Boiler
- Package 3 - Wall and Roof Insulation, New Windows, LED Lighting, HP-RTU and ASHP-Boiler
Join our mailing list (subscribe at bottom of this page) to receive notifications on the release date and for an invitation to the live webinar presentation.