Eagle has three primary file systems available for compute nodes. Understanding the usage of these is important for achieving the best performance.
NREL file systems
- Home file system
- Quota of 50 GB
- Used to hold scripts, source code, executables
- Lustre parallel file system: Accessiblle across all nodes. When using this file system please familiarize yourself with the best practices section
- Node file system: The local drive on each node, these are accessible only on a given node.
- 1 TB HDD (spinning disk, average performance) on compute nodes with 196GB or less RAM
- 1.6 TB SSD (higher performance) on 78 bigmem/GPU nodes
- 25.6 TB SSD (higher performance, maximum local storage) on 20 bigmem/GPU "bigscratch" nodes
For more information on the file systems available on Eagle please see: Eagle System Configuration