The high level plans for the next few versions are outlined below. These are not set in stone, and change based on feedback from users, DOE, and other clients. If there is a feature that you'd like to see added to this list or moved higher up on the priority list, please contact us. We try hard to act quickly on user feedback.
Overarching Goals for FY17
The team’s focus for FY17 (October 2016 – September 2017) is on robustness and performance improvements, and alignment of how PAT and OS Server work “under the hood.” The team will also be demonstrating new development patterns with the SDK using Node.js, Electron, and Angular software technologies.
OpenStudio 2.1.0 (March 2017)
- EnergyPlus 8.7 Support
- New Parametric Analysis Tool Features
- Run sampling and optimization problems
- Set up and run simulations on the cloud
OpenStudio 2.2.0 (June 2017)
- Alpha version of simple geometry editor (stand alone)
OpenStudio 2.3.0 (September 2017)
- EnergyPlus 8.8 Support
- Beta version of simple geometry editor
- Measures for calibration of models to actual data
View the public Google Document spreadsheet for the Measure Roadmap.